Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Whew!

Well, I made it. I'm here in Nelson, in my bed, in my new room that is full of boxes and makeshift blinds. It was a whirlwind of a trip that started when my mom came on sunday night to help me move. we packed that night. we got up early on monday, got some coffee, picked up the uhaul (almost didn't get one cause one of the guys was such a jerk! but it worked out), got some euros for my trip, picked up some glass and a kiln in Millstream for a friend in nelson, (maybe shopped a little at the outlet malls in sooke...) got back to the house, packed and cleaned in a frenzy (and I mean frenzy by the last hour or so)and just managed to make the 7pm ferry to vancouver. we stayed with my friend Lindsay and got to see her and her sweet baby again (yay!) then we started at 830am the next morning and drove drove drove. Got into Nelson (and I will admit to feeling a little apprehensive as we were entering the city, thinking "what have I done?" but I got over it.) Then we had to un pack everything and load it into the garage and up a flight of stairs to my bedroom (which will look very nice once I actually get it organized and unpacked) and now I'm in bed, ready to fall asleep! I have a week to relax and get organixed for my trip. weeha!

2 comments:

Dave said...

Welcome home Mera! We miss you already!

tara said...

hopefully you have enough room to move in this new room of yours...

looking forward to seeing you like you wouldn't believe!!!